Monday, April 30, 2012

And so lake we shall

I am a lake girl and will always be.

I grew up on a lake in Montana, spent my highschool years at Lanier, and every summer without fail I spend every weekend (and many weeknights, even when I shouldn't be) playing on the lake.

There is a lake atmosphere - similar to a beach mentality - when you grow up on the lake. My favorite bars are lake bars - Oh, Dam Bar why did you close? My favorite friends are lake friends - even when they stay hidden from October to March.

But every year at the beginning of April that phone call comes and on through the summer saying- grab the board, get your cooler.

It is time for the lake.


We clean up the boat and grab our new suits

 And hats and shades...
 We spend everday floating and tanning

And get in to cool off from the hot Georgia heat
 And board until exhaustion- some better than others.
 And stay until sunset

And so lake, we shall.


No comments:

Post a Comment