Thursday, August 30, 2012

MAINEly catch

We spent the past weekend in Maine for another great wedding. I had never been to Maine (when I can remember anyway) and I feel in L-O-V-E. I know, I say that alot. It is true this time. I know, I say that alot as well.

While I was living on a boat one summer I had ventured up the Intercoastal Waterway to the Northeast but never had a legit trip to Maine. A great friend of mine is from the state and why I was making the trip to celebrate her and her fiances wedding weekend.

It made me crave Dawsons Creek reruns - good thing I have been reliving my Pacey/Joey obsession on Netflix lately.


We stayed in Camden - it was rated one of the best places to retire. Of course, I loved it. How perfect is this town? I will live on a boat again someday and travel the waters of the world.

Maybe I should add learning how to sail to my bucket list.

Every lunch and dinner was lobster tails, lobster soup, lobster rolls, and all variations there of.


We had dinner with the wedding crew at Young's. You grab your own lobsters out of the tanks. Or get this young gentleman to help like I did..
Can you blame me? Look at those claws!

The resturant takes care of the lobsters, clams, crabs, or shrimp but it is BYOB so remember to bring your own wine, salads, or any other snackies you prefer. They also do not provide cups so we had to run back to the hotel for are disposable ones!
But with views like this how could you not fall deeply in love?

Having an amazing weekend in Maine the wedding was the best part - M + J were married on a hilltop venue overlooking the bay and the ocean below.


A perfect weekend for love and adventures in new places.

No comments:

Post a Comment