Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I fell in love with Mod Podge today





I was at my parents house rummaging through old clothes in the basement and came upon all my old bed side table and dresser from my college years. It was definitely ready for a makeover.


Since I decided to take a much needed break from worrying about career paths, graduate school applications, and job roles I have been taking on all sorts of new projects. I am focusing on the things I love but always push to the side. Finally, I am training for that half marathon (two actually!), I am sewing again (thankfully skirts are very easy to make), and now I am refurbishing old furniture.

It wasn't a big project, just two coats of paint


hopefully new starfish knobs that I will add to this post later...



and finally a bit of fabric to make it POP!

The fabric is a good way to tie in a new piece to the rest of the room and brighten up a dark nook. The fabric was from JoAnn's in the remnants pile. I usually run by there every few weeks - not only is it (cheap) it can be VERY inspiring. Many skirts and pillows, an eye glass case, and now a dresser have all been accomplished due to the muse that is the discarded remnants pile at JoAnn's.

Put a tiny coat of Mod Podge on the dresser backing, cover with your fabric choice and let dry.

I love a good, quick day project and I am a sucker for anything blue and white or nautical themed. 

It got me to thinking the whole room needs a makeover. Project time... be ready for the guest room redo post coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment