Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

No, wait. We ARE in Kansas!

I went to Kansas this weekend. Yes, I REALLY went to Kansas this weekend and yes, it was on purpose. I actually flew into Missouri but spent the weekend on both sides of the river to check both of those states off of my #bucketlist, never to be added again.

Why you ask? Well, it is because I have a travel addiction and every Friday afternoon I end up parking at the Marta station and riding to the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Sometimes you will find me riding the train, making a few frantic calls to friends around the country hoping for an open couch for the weekend.

Here we go again...



Other times, I get to fly to Kansas City, Missouri and celebrate my best friend's #quarterlifecrisis birthday bash with a trip to a water park in the Kansas heartland.


She grabbed me from the airport and took me directly to see her city and enjoy happy hour. There is a reason we get along so well! She lives in the Zona Rosa area of town which has a great outdoor mall/entertainment plaza with bars, shopping, movie theaters, and restaurants.



We roamed around Zona and many of her friends came to meet us. We had a Mexican feast and then went to see Brad Williams, a stand-up comic at the Kansas City IMPROV. Who was hilarious by the way!


Atlanta has the Punchline, I know everyone loves it but it is just so dark/dingy/tight/etc. and I haven't had the best experiences there. This place was completely different, a real IMPROV theatre - the brick walls and small tables lining the club. We had an awesome time!



The next day we woke up early and had a leisurely morning - well only Tank may have.


we busied ourselves cooking a big breakfast for everyone to come and enjoy before heading to the water park. We whipped up the works - pancakes, eggs, bacon, and lots of mimosas.


And finally were off to the park.


It had miles of lazy rivers cutting through the Kansas heartland, with tidal waves, rapids, slides, and  swim up bars.

Don't round up to thirty just yet, as we decided to revert back to the tender age of twelve for this birthday party. Besides the cocktails - always round up for those.


Water slides and cocktails may be the best combination. Good job Schlitterbahn.


I'll admit it, good job Kansas. I MAY be back!


Happy Birthday JFogg! 



No comments:

Post a Comment