Saturday, November 10, 2012

Food trucks and DJing

My Fridays lately have been crazy at work, usually everyone is out of their surgeries by 2PM but with the start of all the sickness and it has been nonstop. Today was no different - we had an eight hour spinal scheduled and the patient stopped breathing on the table even before surgery started. Not the best way to start my morning - but the surgeons continued on. So our afternoon was filled with the waiting game, cardiac arrest, and adrenaline rushes (literally).

But the crazier my Friday work day the more I need a good Happy Hour :) Quite the only reason I work on Fridays at all. Today the boys all took the day off to play volleyball - tough life, so I had some catching up to do!

This is a shot from playing this summer - it is still warm here, but unfortunately my tanning days are over this year. I'm embracing the pale (for now). We have already discussed a quick jaunt to Cabo in January (yay!)

Tonight we went to Stew and Brew at the Food Truck Park. If you are looking for a good date I definitely recommend this spot. It's BYOB and different trucks come on different days. Tonight along with the usual fare all of the trucks offered a stew - delicious. Nothing is better than a stew in the crisp fall air.

We then played kan jam, pictionary, and Apples to Apples at B's and then headed into Buckhead. Starting at Churchills and NJ came to meet us so I wasn't stuck with the boys for the night! After darts at Churchills we moved over to Buckhead Saloon as DJ Flip Switch aka our friend Jeff was DJing.

It is probably always a mistake to let me in a DJ booth but I played "I Want to Dance with Somebody" so I consider it a successful night.

More of an update :
1. Bama is playing Texas A & M and it is such a GREAT game. A&M is beating Alabama with 1:25 left and just intercepted the ball at the 2. Everyone says this is bad for UGA. I just like seeing this happen! Go Johnny Football!

No comments:

Post a Comment