Monday, November 5, 2012

Wedding season is OVER!

Wedding season has come to an end. FINALLY! What an amazing few months but for awhile I didn't know I would make it out alive. And this is how I feel riiiight about now.
This past weekend was perfect - a debaucherous, crazy, type of perfection which is my favorite kind. Thursday was the rehearsal for the wedding and post-drinks at Highland Tap. All of my boys came in from out of town. We were worried with Sandy that no one would make it in but no one could miss Jackie's big day! Friday I met the boys for brunch at Cafe 640 in the Highlands and enjoyed beers on the patio.
The wedding was in Piedmont Park and went wonderfully. We danced too much, drank too much, and late night'ed until the morning at the Marriott in Midtown.
How perfect was this setting? How perfect is this picture? How perfect is this couple?! Obsessed.
Saturday we had a slow start but rallied and made it out to Chomp and Stomp for the annual chilli and bluegrass festival in Cabbagetown Park. I quite love the area around Cabbagetown and it is the "real" Atlanta to me. Beer and bluegrass you couldn't keep me away! Here is a nice photo of S enjoying his turkey leg since much of the Chili had been eaten before we got there:( Yummm...
The night was filled with Astoria, Front Page News, Cosmolava, Kan jam, and galavanting the city. Sunday I needed an escape and to rejuvenate so I hiked Indian Seats - my favorite hike and a bit of my happy place:) 

I went very FALL and made apple crisp and blueberry muffins. Mom's Apple Crisp recipe always puts me in the mood for Fall. You will need:

6 Baking Apples - Peel, Core, and Quarter
1/2 C sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 C flour
1 C brown sugar, packed
1/2 C butter, softened

Mix the ingredients, Coat the apples, and bake uncovered for 1 hour at 300°F.

Serve warm, with LOTS of ice cream:)


And we are still enjoying our pumpkins:):)

No comments:

Post a Comment