Thursday, May 16, 2013

Riverdawgin' beershakes

I can't take it. Summer should be here by now and I am about ready to throw a temper tantrum at its late arrival. It has stolen an entire month of lake days and early runs to the farmers market from me. An entire month of volleyball and jean shorts. An entire month of hammock sleeping and crickets. And an entire month of tanned skin.

To quench my summer lusting I have taken hikes at Sope Creek, a quick turn to Savannah, had a waterfall adventure at Cloudland Canyon, and learned my uncle's famous beershake recipe.

Yes. You read the right. Beershake. Not a milkshake, not a beer. A Beershake.

And it is as naughty and delicious as it sounds.

My uncle is a foodie extraordinaire as well as one of the best and funniest guys around. He runs Charleston Riverdogs stadium, is soon to be a reality show personality, and invented the coveted beershake (as well as the pickledog and PB&J Jalapeno burger to name a few).


Being his favorite niece I was given a lesson on perfecting the secret recipe which I quickly stole for my own use. And luckily for yours as well!


It is as easy as it is delicious, combine:

7 oz beer
7 oz ice cream
1 oz flavored syrup
1 oz malted mix

Throw in a blender and blitz - not too long lest you care to drink chocolate milk.

Try to mix and match your favorite beers and ice creams. My favorite everytime (I had to be thorough and test many varieties) was vanilla ice cream with a Guiness and caramel flavored syrup.


Chocolate and a Sweetwater 420 is also delicious and a strawberry and a sweet local brew is quite tempting - more batches are easy to whip up but make sure your growing crowd is willing to share.



Ok, all beershakes are delicious, you cannot go wrong. Mix and match and find your favorite.

And root on those Riverdogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment