Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rainy bangos and thin crusts

We spent all of last night in the rain, in the mud, surrounded by strangers.

It was wonderful.

It was date night with my #bff and we danced the night away in the pouring rain to Old Crow Medicine Show and Avett Brothers.
It was an AH-mazzz-ing show, the rain was WELL worth it.

Gah, Scott Avett you get me everytime..

Since the rest of the weekend has been spent hibernating and staying dry, I busied myself with homemade pizza topped with our garden veggies - tomatoes, basil, and peppers. At least the rain has helped me garden to grow. I had handfuls of tomatoes ready for roasting and chopping.

Use either an instant pizza dough or if you are stuck inside all day try this easy, go-to, homemade dough.

1 cup warm water
1 tsp honey
1 package dry active yeast
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt

The thickness is your own preference so roll it out how you care to - I did an extra crispy, thin crust and then bake 5 minutes. Take out and cover with all of your toppings - cheeses, pestos, and lots of vegetables. Bake another 9-12 minutes depending on your crust thickness and enjoy!

We added mushrooms, broccoli, onions, roasted red perppers, the recipe I recently tried for my Basil Pesto, tomatoes, and delicious chunks of mozzerella cheese.

Not beautiful, but so darn tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment