Friday, October 4, 2013

LS-Who?

This weekend my house will be divided between myself and those University of Tennessee alums that I live with but I am still recuperating from the AWESOME win in Athens last weekend. It is GREAT to be a Georgia Bulldawg.
 

With an exciting finish, UGA beat #6 LSU 44-41 on Saturday. We cheered and screamed and CELEBRATED so loud (and so long) that I lost my voice. After years of living there, Athens still always wins - in the best way that it can.  

Our tailgate was set up on Myers Quad next to ESPN's College Game Day that was filming in Athens for the game.


Each Saturday morning in the Fall is spent with College Game Day on ESPN and we went early to watch Bubba Watson and Willie from Duck Dynasty make their picks for the week. 
 

As always the signs around campus did not disappoint... 
 
 
Coach Richt called for a Red Out for the game, so in a sea of red (and of course black) we had a perfect Athens afternoon. Look at all that wonderful RED!


K drove down from Tennessee late Friday night and we played like we were in college still (which is why my legs are sore and my voice is gone). If I could pick any place and time of my life to live, it would be living in STA during the summer in college with all of my best friends. I was blessed to spend four years in the shadow of Sanford stadium, frolicking in downtown through 80+ bars, and coming back into town makes my heart always skip a beat. 

 

Athens is the best town in the world, often topping lists for best college campuses, party schools, music + culture, great food, and best overall small towns. However, the list it always tops is best college game day festivities, because there is no place like Athens in the Fall.


Go Dawgs!


Everyone dance parties on Myers Quad now. Who knew?


The best part of the night was running into some of my favorites.


We started at the Loft (it is called Cloud now..) which has big screens and Chick-fil-a during the game for everyone. Wonderful idea Cloud  Loft.


This boy will always be family to me. Thanks for always letting me stay at your dorm and introducing me to downtown Athens, even if I was 18.


DAWGS WIN! DAWGS WIN!


Sometimes you just have to jump on the furniture to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment