Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Crockpot Garlic Chicken on Moving Day

I moved again* this weekend and needed some ZERO prep-time meals to whip up to eat off of for the remainder of the weekend. Since Fall is starting in (although it is 74 today - best thing about the south!) it is time to break out the crock pot.

* I am so good at moving now
Oh, and wine I guess! 

I tried a new recipe I have been drooling over, Crockpot Garlic Chicken using:
  • 4 organic chicken breasts, thawed
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium yellow onion
  • 6 garlic cloves
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 1 cup dry white wine
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
Slice half of an onion - I prefer thicker sliced sweet Vidalia onion and line on the bottom of the crockpot


Add 6 cloves of minced garlic, I used about 2 heaping tablespoons of the pre-minced garlic which is so worth every penny. I love garlic, I hate chopping it. 2 teaspoons of dried thyme and salt and pepper. 


In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup of dry white wine, I used a Sauvignon Blanc and 1/3 C all-purpose flour.


It will be frothy when mixing, but this is perfect. Just make sure to get the flour and wine uniform, breaking up the clumps of flour.


Place thawed chicken directly on top of the onions and seasonings. I added extra salt and pepper to the bottom of the crockpot instead of seasoning each breast individually.


Place the frothy wine-flour mixture directly on top of each breast and into the crockpot.


Start the timer for 7:00 hours - it only took about 5 - 5.5 hours but my chicken was completely thawed and go about your day!


From there the chicken was so tender and it thicken nicely with the flour. The onions were an awesome addition as well and I served it on a bed of quinoa and broccoli.

I love crockpot recipes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment