Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Time to Get Lit!

This short Christmas season has kidnapped every free moment and stuffed it with peppermint, fake snow, and eggnog. I have been endlessly planning work parties (FOUR of them), the "Time to Get Lit" house party, a white elephant party, my parents annual cocktail party, and a small event at work to make it SNOW for our patients. It was such a hit that we even made it on Buzzfeed - which is thrilling because BUZZFEED! Click to check out the article and video.

So first a quick holiday update before I am on to the real holidays. I decorated my door at work with Santa and his bag of gifts. I made everything with wrapping paper and lots of packing tape, it was a crowd pleaser but I was hoping to catch the eye of Travie and Flo Rida when they were here performing.

They were great but my Santa tactics didn't work on them - probably not my best idea..



Our white elephant party was held at Ormsby's this year and we came away with lots of great stuff. J was pretty upset when she had to hand over her present to me. Don't worry she stole it right back!


B and I ended up switching gifts - I received this amazing beer fist koozie which will soon be making it to every UGA football game as well as a CD of B singing holiday songs. Yes, he sings them SOLO  and Yes, it is amazing as it sounds. Quite the imaginative fella.


 He was lucky enough to capture the drinking eyeglass straw and a pretty fancy Duck Dynasty shirt if you ask me.

N came away with peppermint shot glasses - which make Fireball just that much tastier. Her sweater is Ann Taylor and she wants to specific that it is NOT a tacky Christmas sweater :)

Overall a successful evening - especially since we all gave one another drinking gifts!

But then it was "Time to Get Lit" - we decorated every inch in preparation
 

Put up our sweet (leaning) Christmas tree


Wrapped the doors with gift wrap and bows, took down the frames, and put out the props. I have BOXES of costumes for every occasion - everyone loves props!


We spent all night playing and made sure we took many Awkward Family photos all evening.


Boo for blurry iPhone photos though :(

 Cranberry and Lime jello injections were the biggest hit (and headache)



Holiday parties always are my favorite. Spent with the people we love 




the best of friends 

and always the right amount of silliness


That is what it is about after all!


 Merry Christmas! Hope you have time to "Get Elfed up!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment