Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What a (jet) DRAG





Earlier this week I made my way out to the airport where I so often find myself but didn’t board a plane for a quick trip into the sky. Instead I kept my feet planted firmly on the ground and did my part to drag a Boeing 757 at Tech Ops in the name of cancer research.
Teams of Delta employees, family +friends, and cancer survivors had arrived from around the country to Atlanta for the 5th annual Jet Drag competition. 


My mother, the event planner of all things FUN had the team to beat. “Hope on a Rope” had won the last place trophy three years running and weren’t about to be stopped now!

Groups of executives, ramp rats, or those extra cute little “Hope on a Rope” flight attendants pulled the jet 20 feet out of the hangar in a race of speed. Groups cheered, dressed up in matching outfits, and enjoyed grits, bar-b-que, and a live band all afternoon.


 The event had an amazing turnout and raised $1.3 million dollar for the American Cancer Society. I am so proud of my mother, her hard-work, and all of the teams that participated. The fastest time was a male group from Salt Lake City that pulled in an impressive 8.15 seconds.


We never stood a chance...




We will be doing it again next year so if you have any interest in jet draggin' for a good cause - let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment