Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fresh powder and a pit stop in Tulsa

I have made it my New Years Resolution (the same this year and every year of my life) to travel more often. So we are starting the year off with skiing in Vail.

More than anything I am thankful to get West. I am a West Coast girl stuck in the South. I crave the mountains and snow and a chance to be in the woods. This time of year is heartbreaking being in the South and I am counting my days to when I leave for good. The trip out went well, L and I walked to Marta, stood by for both the Denver and Vail flights, flew direct into Vail, caught the city bus to the ski resort, and finally caught the ski bus at the resort to our condo. I am just glad I wasnt halling my skiis the whole way...

We stashed our clothes, grabbed some --FREE!! --rentals (thanks B!), and hit the slopes. Skiing was incredible, beautiful, and kicked my butt so to relax we all spent the night hot tubbing with the snow falling down.








The next few days were non-stop skiing and playing in Vail and Beaver Creek. We took the same Hummer limo into Vail each night the came fully stocked with PBRs for the ride.



Vail Village may be one of the most perfect spots in the world. The night life, the people, the atmosphere, the men (I love a good beard), the weather, and everything in this place will suck you in. You ski directly into the Village off the slopes and are surround by beauty everywhere you look. I am moving ASAP.





At the end of our short holiday we were sore but not anywheere close to ready to leave. Our ride back was a bt more stressful as we missed our city bus back to the airport and had to call an "Emergency Taxi." Or, our friend that had been driving us in the Hummer Limo the last few nights...but we made it only to have the pilot announce the plane was overweight and wouldn't be able to get over the mountains so he was either going to kick people off the flight OR stop to refuel in Tulsa. Ahh the perils of being a Delta Brat....

THANKFULLY we decided to refuel and I am sure I was the only one jumping for joy in the terminal for that decesion.

See you VERY soon Colorado!


No comments:

Post a Comment