Sunday, January 29, 2012

You are officially checked off the BL

I am on the plane already, indulging in sweets, cheese, steak, and too much wine. I am sitting in first class next to this lovely Frenchman that is teaching me about wine and cheese and I have the hiccupps so it must be going well!  It is your favorite sins that do you in and Delta, you get me everytime...

This morning was a whirlwind, we were up and out early to make it to Versailles and back before leaving back for good ole America this evening.
Bound for Versailles


 The gardens are massive and I was in awe even in th winter with not much in bloom. The grounds are a child's (or king's) dream and I was craving frolicking and hiking, 4-wheeling and camping in their midst.



There is a grand cancal at the back of the palace beyond the steps and rowing teams were out on the water. Locals were jogging through the palace grounds and it is quite thrilling to imagine your life with such grandeour and history everyday (it definitely beats my running route).


Someone locked me out...
After making it back from Versailles I had a few extra euros and finally caved into a nutella crepe, outside at our favorite cafe, we hailed a taxi, and were off to the airport.

We will land in Atlanta at 8 PM - it is amazing how much you can accomplish in a day. Now off to finish this last glass of wine and popped some melatonin, and crashhhh.

Paris, you are officially checked off the Bucket List. Now where to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment