Sunday, January 1, 2012

Roadtrip.

When people find out my wanderlust obsession, I am always asked a million questions and it leads to my favorite part of traveling -conversations. Traveling is an unmatchable experience because of the relationships formed, the stories told, the friendships made. I love hearing traveling stories from others and dishing out my favorite advice or recommendations. Nothing is better than inspiring someone to travel - especially to a place they never gave a second thought.

The two questions you will always be asked as a traveler are: 
1. Where is your favorite place you have been?
2. What do you recommend doing there?

The first question is impossible to answer. My favorite place is a long list of locations around the globe - favorited for the city, the sites, but most often the moments I spent there and the people I met. The hostels I stayed in, how the light reflected off the streets, how the sun warmed my skin, and the feelings I left with.


I have been hoping to share more of my favorite moments from before my blogging days - backpacking adventures, boating life stories, growing up in the Mission Mountains and so for my favorite #tbt, these are a (few) of my favorite wanderlusting moments. The moments that inspire the next adventure.

 Wandering through the streets of Barcelona 

 Biking through the canals of Amsterdam

Sun bathing at the Hvar Beach Club in Croatia 

Caving under the Danube River in Budapest

My home for months. This pack is my happy place.

L-O-V-E at the Lennon Wall, Prague

Deltabratting is a way of life. 

 A break in the clouds in Tuscany

My home. My heartbeat. My soul lives on Champagne Alley.

 Living life on holiday in Hvar, Croatia

Musical sunsets in Ibiza 


Coffee breaks in Krakow, Poland 

  Prayers in Monserrat

 Arriving by train to the Olympic Games, London

Lollapalooza at The Bean in Chicago

The guidebook passed on by a trio from Norway only to be left behind to couple from Peru. I hope you are still passing through hands today.

Paris from the Seine

 Band siblings at the Sturgis Rally

Peace in Prague

Daily walks to the water in Split

 Train Life.

 Playing on Dafuskie Island

Mojitos in Cabo


Shipwrecks in Ibiza 

 Dancing with my father at my best friends wedding, Atlanta

Montana Life. 

 Paris in the evening

 Skiing into Vail Village

The dirt road in Aiken, South Carolina 

Boat days in Annapolis, Maryland

My summertimes look like this.

 Forever California.

Boat Life on Sapelo Island, Georgia 

Hammock naps are the best naps in Monteverde

Where the road meets the sky hiking Mt. Helena

Traveling the PCH 

Pura Vida, in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica 
 
Fly Fishing Yellowstone

Georgia summer nights 

Granite, Montana

Hostel time in Barcelona

 Cloudland Canyon

Kayaking the Southern states  

Music festivals with my best friend

Music City Ranch  

 Old Sea Bitch, Maine 

 PLane Life. 

New friends in San Jose  

How I grew up.

Waka, Ozark Mountains

Waterfall jumps

 Perfect weddings 


Finally catching THAT train to Zagreb


No comments:

Post a Comment